Tax Code number and Tax Code account group

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Important reminder!

Licenses for Payroll CS, Trial Balance CS, and Write-Up CS (but not Engagement CS) permanently expired on March 1, 2017. CSA will not include 2017 tax rates or payroll forms, so, for 2017 and beyond, you will need to process payroll in another application. We recommend Accounting CS Payroll and myPay Solutions. For more information, see the following topics.

The Tax Code number is used in the data-exchange interface from CSA to UltraTax CS, GoSystem Tax RS, and, in Trial Balance CS, to Lacerte or ProSystem fx to associate the balances from specific general ledger accounts for tax reporting. It allows UltraTax CS, GoSystem Tax RS, Lacerte, and ProSystem fx to carry the general ledger balances to the proper lines on the appropriate tax forms.

The options available in the drop-down list for this field are based on the client's entity type, as selected on the General Ledger tab (or Trial Balance tab for Trial Balance CS clients) of either the File > Client Properties dialog or the File > New Client dialog.

For a new tax code account group: When adding a tax code account group, you may choose the appropriate Tax Code number by selecting it from the drop-down list.

For an existing tax code account group: Displays the Tax Code assigned to the tax code account group currently highlighted in the Tax Code Account Grouping list. To change the Tax Code number, click the Edit button and then choose the appropriate Tax Code number by selecting it from the drop-down list.

Share This