- Alerts and notices
- Most popular
- CSA integration with UltraTax CS
- Bank Reconciliation Troubleshooter
- Trial Balance Adjusting Journal Entry grid split screen
- CSA MFC Application Error or Program Closing when Opening PDF Documents from the Engagement CS Workspace
- Engagement CS error message: "Unable to set the install property of the Add-In class. The Excel document could not be updated for the engagement"
- Troubleshooting: Unadjusted GL balance in bank reconciliation does not match Chart of Accounts balance
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Write-Up CS and Accountant’s Assistant
This tab appears if the Enter multiple descriptions for journal entries checkbox is currently not marked on the Transactions Option dialog.
See also Transactions Entry > Journal Entries tab (with debit/credit descriptions)
Use this tab to enter or edit non-check transactions and any special types of transactions. Enter debits as regular amounts. The program treats negative amounts as credits, so you must press the minus ( - ) sign when you enter a credit. When entering an amount, enter the decimal manually unless you have selected the Implied decimal on amounts option in the Setup > User Preferences dialog.
Choose Transaction Entry from the Tasks menu and then click the Journal Entries tab. (Verify that the Enter multiple descriptions for journal entries checkbox is not currently marked on the Transaction Options dialog.)
Tip: When entering negative amounts, enter the amount first followed by the minus ( - ) sign to have the cursor move immediately to the next field.
- The fields in the Journal Entries tab are accessible only in Add or Edit mode, not in Browse mode. However, you must use Browse mode to change the journal in which you are entering transactions.
- The rows of the Journal Entry grid can be re-ordered via drag and drop. In Add or Edit mode, click the number button at the left of a row and drag it to its desired new position.
- Reversing, recurring, and recurring template journal entries are available for selection only if you are currently in the latest GL processing period.
For a Client Bookkeeping Solution Master Licensee: CBS transactions that have been retrieved into Accountant’s Assistant will appear in the Transaction Entry window.