- Alerts and notices
- Most popular
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
To add a dataset in Mobile CS Link, follow these steps.
- Verify that you are logged in to the computer or server as an administrator.
- Start Mobile CS Link by opening the Start menu and choosing All Programs > Mobile CS Link > Mobile CS Link.
- In the Datasets screen, click the Add button.
- In the Name field, enter a brief description for the dataset.
Note: Although the name can contain up to thirty alphanumeric characters, shorter names are easier to enter on mobile devices.
- Update interval: Indicate how often you would like your mobile data to be updated. Thirty minutes is the minimum update interval.
If you ever want to temporarily stop Mobile CS Link from updating the mobile dataset, mark the Disabled checkbox. Unmark the checkbox to resume updating the dataset.
Note: If you are a Virtual Office CS user, your dataset consists of real-time data. Therefore, the Update interval field and Disabled checkbox are unnecessary and unavailable.
- Choose a Language: Mark the checkbox for English or French language as applicable to the dataset from Practice CS.
- Under Data Sources, select the database for your CS Professional Suite application from the drop-down list.
- Staff ID: Enter a staff ID to be used by the Mobile CS Link service. The service uses this login information to query your database when updating the mobile dataset.
Note: We recommend that you use a login for the Practice CS desktop application that is not used by an actual staff member. Consider using login credentials for an administrative staff member whose status is set to inactive but without a Left date entered. This avoids using one of your firm’s licensed timekeepers. Also, if an actual staff ID is used, the Staff In/Out status in the Staff Availability portlet will not accurately represent the staff member’s status. Further, if the staff member’s password is changed in Practice CS, you will need to update the password in Mobile CS Link, too. Otherwise, Mobile CS Link will fail to update the Mobile CS dataset.
- Password: Enter the staff member’s password.
- Click Enter to save the dataset.