If multi-factor authentication has been enabled as an option for your firm, you can manage it for your own login.
Setting up multi-factor authentication for your login
When you use multi-factor authentication, you must have a mobile device on which the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app is installed, and use this app when logging in.
- Click your name near the upper-right corner of the screen and choose Manage Multi-factor Authentication.
- Click Enable to enable multi-factor authentication.
- Enter your password and click Enter.
- On the Multi-Factor Authentication Setup screen, click Get Started.
- Once the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app is installed on your mobile device, click Next.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code.
You will be prompted that your device was successfully paired with your account. Press Got It. The next time you log in to your account, you will be prompted authenticate the login on your mobile device.
If you cannot access your mobile device, you can ask the firm administrator to generate a 24-hour numerical code that you can use during the login process. This code will remain in effect for 24 hours, so you may need to enter it multiple times. After 24 hours, you should no longer need the code.
Switching to a different mobile device
If you lose your mobile device, or need to pair a different mobile device with your login, follow these steps.
- Click your name near the upper-right corner of the screen and choose Multi-factor Authentication.
Note: If the firm turned off multi-factor authentication since you set it up for yourself, you will not see the Multi-factor Authentication item in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Enabled option.
- Click the Associate with Different Device button.
- Enter your password and click Enter to continue the process.