We strongly recommend that NetFirm CS administrators change their passwords frequently to protect client data.
Passwords must contain at least eight characters, and must include at least one uppercase character, one lowercase character, one numeric character, and one special character (such as @, #, or $). All passwords expire after 90 days.
To create more secure passwords, increase the number of characters and use additional characters from all three types of acceptable characters (listed below).
- Alphabetic characters: A to Z, uppercase and lowercase
- Special characters: For example, !, @, #
Use passwords like this
- Replace letters with similar-looking characters; for example, replace the number zero (0) with O.
- Replace words with representative characters; for example, replace the word "and" with & or the word "up" with ^.
Do NOT use passwords like this
- Do not use your login; your email address; or your first name, middle name, or last name. (Your firm has the option to prohibit the use of logins and names in passwords.)
- Do not use common words that are in dictionaries. Password-cracking applications can run through millions of possible word combinations in seconds.
- Do not use repeating characters or keyboard strings. For example, do not use aaaaaa1, 111111a, asdfasdf1, or a1234567.
Other important information
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Do not write down your password.
Note: If anyone makes ten consecutive attempts to log in to a portal using an incorrect password, we will disable the login. We will also send an email message to the email address that is assigned to the portal login; the email message notifies the user of the unsuccessful login attempts, and provides a link to enable the login. We will enable the login after 30 minutes or when the user clicks the link in the email message.