When a NetFirm CS administrator sets up your staff portal to receive notification messages about File Exchange file uploads, you receive notification messages about uploads to all personal and shared folders by default. If you want to receive notifications only when files are uploaded to specific folders, you can do that through the File Exchange screen.
Note: If a NetFirm CS administrator gives you access to additional File Exchange folders, NetFirm CS will automatically send notifications to you when files are uploaded to those folders.
- Click the File Exchange link in the NetStaff CS tab of the navigation pane.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- Click the Manage Notifications icon near the top of the screen.
Note: If you don’t see this icon, your portal is not set up to receive File Exchange notification messages.
- With Personal selected in the Folder Types pane, mark the checkbox for a NetClient CS user for whom you want to receive upload notifications.
- In the Folder Settings pane, mark the checkbox for each folder for which you want to receive notifications about file uploads. Note that only top-level folders are available in the list.
- Repeat steps 3 – 4 until you are set up to receive notifications for all of the appropriate NetClient CS users and folders.
- In the Folder Types pane, select Shared and mark the checkboxes for all top-level folders for which you want to receive notifications about file uploads.
- Click Enter.
Related topic: File Exchange overview