You can view, download, and print files from File Exchange at any time.
- If you will need to make changes to and/or upload the file back to your portal, you must download the file to your computer before making any changes to it.
- If new files are available in File Exchange, a New indicator appears to the right of the folder and file names. You can remove the indicators by clicking the Remove icon at the top of the File Exchange screen.
To view, download, and print files from File Exchange, follow these steps.
In the NetStaff CS tab of the navigation pane, click the File Exchange link.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to File Exchange.
- In the File Exchange screen, click the folder that contains the file you want to view. Depending on the folder structure, you may need to open sub-folders to access the file.
- Do one of the following.
- To view a file in any folder, click the name of the desired file. Depending on how your computer is configured, you will be prompted to either save or open the file.
- To download all files from a folder, including any files in subfolders within the folder, click the Download All button at the top of the File Exchange screen. NetStaff CS creates a ZIP file with all of the folder’s files that you can save to your computer or to a network location.
- To download selected files or folders, including any files in subfolders within the folder, select the files or folders and then click the Download Selected button at the top of the File Exchange screen. NetStaff CS creates a ZIP file with the selected files that you can save to your computer or to a network location.
Tip: If you cannot see files that were uploaded for you, you might need to delete your temporary internet files or cached files.
- After you open a file, you can print it or download it by choosing Save As from the File menu and navigating to the desired folder.
If you save the file with the same name as the file you downloaded, you will overwrite the original file if you upload it to your portal.
Tip: To move backward through the folder structure, click the Up icon. To return to the original view, click the Home icon.
- File Exchange overview
- Uploading files to File Exchange
- Locating a folder or file
- File Exchange frequently asked questions