Due to the discontinuation of support for Client Bookkeeping Solution on June 1, 2017, we have removed the ability to add hosted CBS clients.
To change a client company’s CBS type from local to portal or from portal to local, follow these steps.
When you change the type from portal to local, NetFirm CS removes the CBS client company database from all logins; the database is no longer accessible. You should back up the company database before you make this change.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the CBS Clients link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the CBS Clients list, enter any part of the client company name in the Find field, and click the company name. NetFirm CS displays the company’s information on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of CBS client companies.
- In the CBS Type field, choose the correct type from the drop-down list.
- Click Enter.
- If you use a desktop (local) installation of Creative Solutions Accounting (CSA), you must install the updated CBS Master License. If you run CSA through Virtual Office CS, we will install the updated Master License for you within an hour of when you complete this procedure.
- Working with Online CBS Clients guide: See the "Who should control file locations and handle specific file procedures?" and "Setting Up a Client for Online CBS" sections.
- Accountant’s Assistant Handbook: See Chapter 4, Client Setup in CSA.