Due to the discontinuation of support for Client Bookkeeping Solution on June 1, 2017, we have removed the ability to add hosted CBS clients.
When you give your clients access to hosted Client Bookkeeping Solution (CBS) through NetClient CS, they always have the latest application; therefore, you don’t need to update the application on their computers. With hosted CBS, you can also set up the client’s Chart of Accounts and monitor transaction activity without leaving your desk.
In addition, you can give NetStaff CS users access to hosted CBS company data.
Note: Access to CBS is billable (some exceptions may apply).
Before setting up clients to use hosted CBS
Before setting up a client to use CBS in a hosted environment, complete the following steps.
- Verify that you are using the latest version of Accountant’s Assistant.
- Read the Working with Online CBS Clients PDF document, which is an addendum to the Accountant’s Assistant Handbook. We recommend that you print and review this document to determine whether a client is a good candidate to work in a hosted environment and to correctly set up the client.
- After you determine that a client is a good candidate, add the hosted CBS client to the CBS Master License or move the client from a local installation of CBS to hosted CBS. Be sure to set up the client in CSA and Accountant’s Assistant.
- In the Working with Online CBS Clients PDF document (which you printed in step 2), complete the steps outlined in the following sections: "Who should control file locations and handle specific file procedures?" and "Setting Up a Client for Online CBS."
- You should provide the Using Hosted Client Bookkeeping Solution instructions to any client who will use CBS in a hosted environment, but you must first modify the instructions. This file contains information about using CBS in a hosted environment and allows you to specify information and procedures for each NetClient CS user.