When you delete a personal or shared folder, the folder and the files it contains are deleted for all NetClient CS users.
- NetStaff CS users who have access to File Exchange and NetClient CS administration can delete shared File Exchange folders through their staff portals.
- You cannot delete the Private folder, but you can remove a NetClient CS user’s access to the Private folder. For more information, see Modifying a NetClient CS user’s access to File Exchange folders.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Permissions section, click the Enable button for File Exchange.
- In the Folder Types pane, click the type of folder you want delete (Personal or Shared).
- In the Available Folders pane, click the folder icon in the Delete column for the folder you want to delete.
Tip: Enter any part of the folder name in the Find field to locate a specific folder.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
- Click Cancel to close the File Exchange Permissions dialog.
Related topic: File Exchange administration overview