NetFirm CS deletes files from temporary File Exchange folders after 14 days by default. To prevent automatic file deletions, follow these steps to change a File Exchange folder designation from temporary to permanent.
- The size of the files in File Exchange folders is included in your firm’s total allocated space. For information about determining how much space is being used by File Exchange files, see Determining your firm’s disk space usage.
- You can also change the folder type for shared File Exchange folders through the File Exchange Permissions dialog for NetStaff CS users.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Permissions section, click the Enable button for File Exchange.
- In the Folder Types pane, click the appropriate folder type (Personal or Shared).
The full list of personal or shared folders displays in the Available Folders pane. The folder icon in the Modify Type column indicates whether each folder is temporary or permanent .
Tip: Enter any part of the folder name in the Find field to locate a specific folder.
- Click the folder icon in the Modify Type column for the appropriate folder.
Related topic: File Exchange administration overview