Complete these steps to add Links modules for NetClient CS or NetStaff CS users.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Click the Links link in the NetClient CS section to add a Links module for clients.
- Click the Links link in the NetStaff CS section to add a Links module for staff.
Note: If you don’t see these links, you don’t have access to these areas.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the Links Modules list.
Note: If your firm has not yet added any Links modules, skip this step.
- In the Add Links module screen, enter the module name and description.
- NetStaff CS Links modules only: Designate the Links module as public or private.
- Public: You must assign a group or user as the editor through module permissions.
- Private: Each user controls the content of the module in his or her portal.
- Click the Enter button.
Note: If you added a private NetStaff CS Links module, you are done. For NetClient CS Links modules and public NetStaff CS modules, complete the following steps.
- Click the Add Link button.
- In the Add Link dialog, enter a name for the link.
- From the Link Type field, select the appropriate type (HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP).
- For NetClient CS, you can also select Forms CS from the list to provide clients with access to the Forms CS website, which provides a complete line of checks, tax forms, envelopes that are guaranteed to be compatible with items that companies generate from Accounting CS or Client Bookkeeping Solution (CBS).
- For NetStaff CS, you can also select Checkpoint or PPC Online Library from the list to provide staff with access to these resources through NetStaff CS.
- In the Link Location field, enter the website address. NetFirm CS enters the appropriate type in this field based on the choice you made in the previous step.
Note: If you chose Checkpoint or PPC Online Library, the Link Location field is replaced by Login and Password fields. Enter the staff member’s login and password in these fields; they will not be required to enter this information when click the link in the Links module.
- Optional: Enter a link description.
- Click Enter.
Related topic: Links administration