Complete these steps to give a NetClient CS user or a NetStaff CS user access to Links modules.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Click the Users link in the NetClient CS section to modify a NetClient CS user’s access to Links modules.
- Click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section to modify a NetStaff CS user’s access to Links modules.
Note: If you don’t see these links, you don’t have access to these areas.
- In the Users list, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field to locate the user and click the user’s name. The information for the user displays on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users.
- Click the Enable button for Links.
- Mark the Read checkbox for any module the user needs to access, and clear the checkbox for any module the user no longer needs to access.
- Each user must create his own links in any private Links module. As a result, NetFirm CS marks and grays the Edit checkbox when you mark the Read checkbox for a private Links module.
- If the user has access to Links modules through group permissions, the rows for those Link modules are grayed. To remove the user’s access to those modules, you must remove the user from the group.
- Enter any part of the Links module name in the Find field to locate a Links module.
- Click the Unselected button to display in the module list only the Links modules to which the user does not have access. Click the Selected button to display in the module list only the Links modules to which the user has access.
- Click Enter.
- NetStaff CS only: Mark the Edit checkbox for any public Links module that this user will be responsible for updating.
Note: The Edit checkbox is available only after you mark the adjacent Read checkbox.
- Click Enter.
Related topic: Links administration