To give NetClient CS or NetStaff CS users access to News modules, follow these steps.
Note: To learn how to make NetClient CS News modules available to Employee Self-Service or Web Employee users, see Editing or deleting News modules or articles.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Click the Users link in the NetClient CS section to modify a client’s access to News modules.
- Click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section to modify a staff access to News modules.
Note: If you don’t see these links, you don’t have access to these areas.
- In the Users list, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field to locate the user and click the user’s name. The information for the user displays on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users.
- Click the Enable button for News.
- Mark the Read checkbox for any module that the user needs to access, and clear the checkbox for any module that the user no longer needs to access.
- Enter any part of the News module name in the Find field to locate a News module.
- If the user has access to News modules through group permissions, the rows for those modules are grayed. To remove the user’s access to those modules, you must remove the user from the group or remove the group’s access to the company data.
- Click the Unselected button to display in the list only the News modules to which the user does not have access. Click the Selected button to display in the module list only the News modules to which the user has access.
- Click Enter.
- NetStaff CS only: Mark the Edit checkbox for any News module this user will be responsible for updating.
Note: The Edit checkbox is available only when the adjacent Read checkbox is marked.
- Click Enter.
Related topic: News administration