Complete these steps to enable a NetClient CS user (or users) at the client site to complete payroll time entry.
Note: This topic is for firms that use Accounting CS Payroll. If your firm uses Payroll CS (CSA), see Modifying a NetClient CS user’s access to Remote Payroll — Payroll CS (CSA)
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Users list, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field to locate the user and click the user’s name. The information for the user displays on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users.
- In the Permissions section, click the Enable button for Remote Payroll & Check Printing (ACS).
- In the Clients pane, do one of the following.
- Mark the checkbox for the client for whom the NetClient CS user will enter payroll data.
- Clear the checkbox for any client for whom the NetClient CS user will no longer enter payroll data.
- If the desired client does not appear in the client list, you need to complete setup steps in Accounting CS Payroll.
- Enter any part of the client name in the Find field to locate a client.
- Under Filter Options, click the Unselected button to display in the Clients list only the clients for whom the user cannot enter payroll data. Click the Selected button to display only the clients for whom the user can enter payroll data.
- In the Permissions pane, mark the Remote Data Entry checkbox.
- If you entered locations and departments for a client’s payroll in Accounting CS and you will split up payroll data entry among multiple NetClient CS users, you may designate a NetClient CS user as the payroll administrator so that NetClient CS user can facilitate the payroll data entry process at the client site. To designate this NetClient CS user the payroll administrator, mark the Payroll Administrator checkbox. Learn more about the payroll administrator role.
- If you split up payroll entry by location and department and you do not designate a payroll administrator, all messages regarding the completion of Remote Data Entry information will be sent to your firm.
- You can designate only one payroll administrator per client.
- Do one of the following.
- If the NetClient CS user is responsible for entering all payroll data for the selected client, leave the All Locations button selected under Access Permissions.
- If the NetClient CS user is responsible for entering payroll data for a specific location and department (as set up in Accounting CS Payroll), click the Selected button under Access Permissions and select the locations and departments for which this NetClient CS user is responsible for entering payroll data.
- Click Enter.