The primary NetFirm CS administrator is the person who was designated as your firm’s NetFirm CS administrator on the purchase agreement.
Enabling Microsoft ActiveSync for NetStaff CS users allows staff wireless access to their Microsoft Outlook personal calendar, contacts, and email through an Android device, BlackBerry z10, iOS, or other device that can run Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher. Staff members who use personal handheld devices that can run Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher can also access their Outlook tasks.
- The Virtual Office CS or SaaS Outlook information is available through a wireless connection, and the information is constantly updated. For example, if a staff member adds a contact in Virtual Office CS or SaaS Outlook, that contact is also added to the personal wireless device.
- ActiveSync is billable (some exceptions may apply).
Before you enable ActiveSync for a NetStaff CS user, verify that the following prerequisites are met.
- Your firm must be licensed for Virtual Office CS or SaaS Microsoft Exchange.
- The NetStaff CS user must have a Microsoft Exchange mailbox. See Enabling Microsoft Exchange in Virtual Office CS or SaaS for a NetStaff CS user for more information.
- The NetStaff CS user must own a compatible Android, BlackBerry z10, iOS, or personal handheld device that runs Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher. For Android devices, contact your service provider to verify that your device can synchronize with a Microsoft Exchange server and that your data plan supports synchronizing with an Exchange server. For Windows Mobile devices, contact your service provider to verify that the handheld device can run Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher.
- The contract with the service provider must include the ability to synchronize with a Microsoft Exchange server. If you are not sure that your plan allows for this, contact your service provider.
Enabling ActiveSync for a NetStaff CS user
To enable ActiveSync for a NetStaff CS user, follow these steps.
- If the NetStaff CS user hasn't set up security questions, have him do so now. NetStaff CS users are required to change their passwords during the ActiveSync activation process. If they forget their new passwords or there is an issue during the password reset process, they can reset their own passwords by answering the security questions.
It is critical that the primary firm administrator set up security questions before you enable ActiveSync for his or her account. If the administrator forgets the password and has not set up security questions, he or she will be locked out of the administrator's portal and will not have access to email. The firm licensee will have to fax or email to Thomson Reuters a signed request for a password reset; the request must be written on company letterhead.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Users pane, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field, and click the user’s name. NetFirm CS displays the user’s information on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users.
- In the Settings section, click the Enable button for ActiveSync.
Note: The Enable button is available only after you enable Microsoft Exchange for the user and after a Thomson Reuters Virtual Office CS or SaaS administrator completes the necessary account setup, which takes 3 – 5 business days.
- Click Enter.
The staff member will be prompted to reset their password upon the next login to NetStaff CS. (If already logged in, the staff member must log out of NetStaff CS and will be prompted to reset their password when logging back in.) After the NetStaff CS user resets their password, NetFirm CS will send an activation message to the NetStaff CS user’s email address. The message explains how to prepare the device for activation and how to activate the device.
Note: NetFirm CS sends the message to the email address that a NetFirm CS administrator entered for the NetStaff CS user in the Primary Email Address field of the Virtual Office CS or SaaS Microsoft Exchange Settings dialog.