To add multiple client portals or staff portals at once, follow these steps.
- In Microsoft Excel or in another spreadsheet application, create a spreadsheet with the following columns: First name, Last name, Email address.
- Optional: Add a EIN or SSN column to the spreadsheet if you want to require users to enter the last four digits of their employee identification number (EIN) or Social Security number (SSN) during the registration process.
- Enter the first name, last name, email address, and EIN or SSN for each client or staff member for whom you will create a client portal or a staff portal.
- You must enter a unique email address for each client.
- If you enter an email address that is already associated with a portal that was created while adding multiple portals, the first and last names entered for that portal will be updated with the information in the spreadsheet.
- Include only the last four digits of the employee identification number (EIN) or Social Security number (SSN) in the EIN or SSN column.
- Select the cells that include the client or staff information. (Do not select the row that includes the column headings.)
- Press CTRL+C to copy the information.
- Place your cursor in the text area of the dialog, and press CTRL+V to paste the information from the spreadsheet into the dialog.
- Click Enter.
NetFirm CS sends a registration message to each email address. Each client or staff member must click the link in the registration email message and then create a login and a password for NetClient CS or NetStaff CS.
- Through NetFirm CS administration, you can view client portals that you add.
- Users must create their own logins and passwords during the registration process. If you open the NetClient CS user list and select a user who has not yet completed the registration process, the Login field is disabled.
- You may assign permissions to a NetClient CS or NetStaff CS portal before or after the user has registered the portal.
- You can resend a registration email message by clicking the Resend Registration Email button on the permission screen for the NetClient CS or NetStaff CS user.