If you have portal users who must log in to multiple portals to complete all portals tasks, you can now enable those users to link their portals so they can access all portal functionality through a single login.
For example, a NetStaff CS user can link his staff portal and his client portal or a NetClient CS user can link two client portals.
- NetStaff CS user portals can link to NetClient CS or Web Employee user portals, but cannot be linked to by other portal types.
- When linking a staff portal to another portal, the user must link the portals from within NetStaff CS.
- Each portal can link to only one other portal.
- The administrator of the NetClient CS portal needs to follow the steps and enter the firm ID of the NetStaff CS portal that will be linking to the NetClient CS portal. If you are linking the portal from the NetStaff CS portal and the other firm has not entered your firm ID into their settings, the following error message will appear when trying to link the portals: Users cannot be linked, please contact your administrator.
To enable users to link their portals, follow these steps.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Settings link in the Utilities section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Account Linking section, click the Configure button.
- In the Manage Firm IDs dialog, enter the firm IDs for the firms that will link their portals to a portal from your firm.
- Click Enter.
Note: If you delete a firm ID from the Manage Firm IDs dialog, NetFirm CS will unlink all accounts from the deleted firm ID that were linked to accounts with your firm ID.