When a user cannot log in using multi-factor authentication — such as when the user lost their phone, got a new tablet, or otherwise cannot access the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app — administrative users can generate a temporary, 24-hour numerical code to enable the user to log in.
Note: The firm administrator can contact our Support team to have a code generated.
To generate a code, follow these steps.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Click the Users link in the NetClient CS section to generate a code for a client.
- Click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section to generate a code for a staff member.
Note: If you don't see these links, you don't have access to these areas.
- Select the user.
- In the Identification section, click the View Settings button next to Multi-factor Authentication.
- In the dialog that opens, click the link to generate a temporary, 24-hour numerical code.
- Provide the code to the user. They can use this code by clicking the Enter a code link on the application login screen.
Internal note: When an admin user cannot log in using multi-factor authentication — such as when they get a new device or their device is not functional — a temporary, 24-hour numerical code can be generated. Support or Customer Service representatives can generate this code. See Internal: an admin needs a temporary code.
To generate a temporary code for an Admin
The primary firm admin must send either:
- A signed fax on company letterhead to customer service (734-426-5946) requesting an MFA code, OR
- A scan of such a letter, emailed to email@example.com
Reps can then send the document to the Citrix Portal Tech to request the code for the customer.
While you have an active temporary code, disconnecting your paired mobile device does not automatically disable multi-factor authentication for your account. If you disconnected your mobile device after receiving a temporary code, you can still access your applications via the following methods.
- If multi-factor authentication is optional for your firm, access your CS Professional Suite applications with the temporary code until it expires. This keeps the addtional security of multi-factor authentication in place until you can register a new device. If you do not register a new device, multi-factor authentication is disabled once the temporary code expires.
- If multi-factor authentication is required for your firm, access your CS Professional Suite applications with the temporary code until you register a new device. After the temporary code expires, you will be required to register a new device before accessing your CS Professional Suite applications.
Temporary codes expire 24 hours after they are generated.