When a user cannot log in using multi-factor authentication — such as when the user cannot access the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app — administrative users can generate a temporary, 24-hour numerical code to enable the user to log in.
Note: The firm's primary Onvio administrator can contact our Support team to have a code generated.
To generate a code, follow these steps.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Click the Users link in the NetClient CS section to generate a code for a client.
- Click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section to generate a code for a staff member.
Note: If you don't see these links, you don't have access to these areas.
- Select the user.
- In the Identification section, click the View Settings button next to Multi-factor Authentication.
- In the dialog that opens, click the link to generate a temporary, 24-hour numerical code.
- Provide the code to the user. They can use this code by clicking the Enter a code link on the application login screen.
Internal note: When an admin user cannot log in using multi-factor authentication — such as when they get a new device or their device is not functional — a temporary, 24-hour numerical code can be generated. Support or Customer Service representatives can generate this code. See Internal: an admin needs a temporary code.
While you have an active temporary code, disconnecting your paired mobile device does not automatically disable multi-factor authentication for your account. If you disconnected your mobile device after receiving a temporary code, you can still access your applications via the following methods.
- If multi-factor authentication is optional for your firm, access your CS Professional Suite applications with the temporary code until it expires. This keeps the addtional security of multi-factor authentication in place until you can register a new device. If you do not register a new device, multi-factor authentication is disabled once the temporary code expires.
- If multi-factor authentication is required for your firm, access your CS Professional Suite applications with the temporary code until you register a new device. After the temporary code expires, you will be required to register a new device before accessing your CS Professional Suite applications.
Temporary codes expire 24 hours after they are generated.