All passwords must contain at least eight characters, and they must contain one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one special character (such as @, #, or $). You can set additional requirements and specify words or character strings that cannot be used in passwords.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Settings link in the NetStaff CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- Click the Configure button for Password Requirements.
- In the Minimum Number of Characters section, select the minimum number of characters that each password must contain.
- In the Strength section, mark checkboxes to require users to create passwords that do not include their login or names.
- When you mark the Cannot contain the user’s login checkbox and users attempt to enter passwords that include character strings that appear in their logins, NetFirm CS will reject the passwords.
- When you mark the Cannot contain the user’s first name or last name checkbox and users attempt to enter passwords that include their first names or last names, NetFirm CS will reject the passwords. (NetFirm CS determines a user’s first name and last name from the entries in the First Name field and the Last Name field in the NetClient CS Users screen or the NetStaff CS Users screen.)
- Click Enter.
- In the Settings screen, click the Configure button for Password Exclusions. NetFirm CS will reject any password that matches a character string that you enter in this dialog.
- Enter any words or character strings that you do not want users to include in passwords (for example: Password1). Enter one character string per line.
- Click Enter.
The next time NetClient CS, NetStaff CS, Employee Self-Service, or Web Employee users log in to their portals, they will be required to update their passwords to meet the new requirements.