In some cases, Windows is unable to open applications in the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment because it doesn’t recognize the ICA file type or because the file has been damaged. The error message that contains this information is issued by the application that is currently associated with the ICA file. For example, you might receive an Adobe Reader error that states, "Adobe could not open application.ica because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."
To fix this, you must change the default application associated with the .ICA file extension. How to do this varies by Windows version, but the general process is as follows.
- Navigate to the area in your version of Windows where you can change default programs by file type: Default programs or Default apps, in most cases.
- In most windows versions, you'll need to click a Choose default apps by file type link.
- Find the .ICA file extension and select Citrix Connection Manager as the default application for that extension.
If you receive the error message "This version of Citrix is already installed" when trying to launch an application, make sure the default is set to Citrix Connection Manager rather than Citrix Receiver.
Note: If Citrix is not available, you need to navigate to and select wfcrun32.exe.
- If you’re running a 32-bit operating system, browse to C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client.
- If you’re running a 64-bit operating system, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client.