Follow these steps to configure Microsoft Outlook 2016 in Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
Note: If you are not using Microsoft Exchange on Virtual Office CS or SaaS, a POP3 or IMAP email account is required in Outlook on Virtual Office CS or SaaS to send email from hosted CS Professional Suite applications. Outlook on Virtual Office CS or SaaS must be open to send the email message immediately or it will be saved in the outbox and sent when Outlook is opened next.
- In the navigation pane, click the Applications link and then click the Microsoft Outlook icon.
Note: If you don’t see these items, you don’t have access to Microsoft Outlook through Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
- In Microsoft Outlook, click the File tab in the ribbon, and then click the Account Settings icon and choose Account Settings.
- In the E-mail tab of the Account Settings dialog, click the New button to add the email account.
- In the Auto Account Setup page, click the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next.
- In the Choose Service page, click the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
- Following the documentation from your email provider, enter information in Outlook for your POP3 email account.
For your convenience, we’ve included links to helpful web pages from popular email providers.
Note: In some situations, you might need to use different mail settings than those that are outlined in the web pages below. If you need assistance with mail setup, please contact your email provider.
This icon appears alongside links to resources that are not developed or maintained by Thomson Reuters. We provide access to these resources for your convenience, but we are not responsible for their accuracy. If you need additional assistance, please consult your qualified technician and/or the vendor who developed the resource.
- AT&T / SBC Global
- Gmail / Google apps
- Verizon Fios
- Web Builder CS Email
Related topic: Overview of the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment