Complete the following multi-part procedure to move Creative Solutions Accounting (CSA) client data from a local or network drive to Virtual Office CS or SaaS, and to set up the Virtual Office CS or SaaS installation of CSA.
Part 1: Back up data from your local installation of CSA
- Create a folder on your local hard drive named CSAbackups.
- Open your local installation of CSA and back up client data to the C:\CSAbackups folder.
- Back up global data (applicable to all clients).
- Close the local installation of CSA.
- If your firm created custom stamps for use in Engagement CS, back up the PDF files of the custom stamps.
Part 2: Restore data into the Virtual Office CS or SaaS installation of CSA
- Click the Applications link in the NetStaff CS tab of the navigation pane.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to applications through Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
- In the Virtual Office CS screen, click the Creative Solutions Accounting Products icon to open the application.
- If your firm licenses CSA through SaaS, enter 1234 as the master password. After you log in to CSA, we strongly recommend that you choose Setup > System Configuration > Administration and create a unique master password.
- Restore client data into CSA.
- Restore global data.
- If you backed up custom stamps in Engagement CS, you can migrate the custom stamps to Virtual Office CS or SaaS. To learn how, contact Web Services Support by calling (800) 968-0600 and following the prompts.
Part 3: Set up the Virtual Office CS or SaaS installation of CSA
Each CSA user should verify his user preferences through the Setup > User Preferences dialog.
You are now ready to work in CSA in the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment.
Note: CSA does not automatically update tax tables by default. To set up CSA to automatically update tax tables, choose Setup > System Configuration > Payroll Tax Information > Update, mark the Automatically update federal/state tax tables checkbox, and click Yes.