The steps required to delete temporary internet files or clear the cache vary by browser.
To deleted cached files in Chrome, follow these steps.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button in the upper-right corner of the window and choose More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Set the Time range to All time.
- Mark the Cached images and files checkbox.
- Click the Clear Data button.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
To delete temporary internet files from Internet Explorer, follow these steps.
- In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options, or click the Tools button and choose Internet Options.
- In the Browsing history section of the General tab, click the Delete button.
- In the Delete Browsing History dialog, verify that the Temporary Internet files checkbox is marked and clear all other checkboxes.
- Click the Delete button. It may take a few moments for Internet Explorer to delete the files.
- Click OK to close the dialogs.
To delete temporary internet files from Firefox, follow these steps.
- Click the Open menu button in the upper-right corner of the window and click the History icon.
- Click Clear Recent History.
- In the Time range to clear field, select Everything.
- Verify that the Cache checkbox is marked and clear all other checkboxes.
- Click the Clear Now button.
Related topic: Supported internet browsers