If multi-factor authentication has been enabled by your accountant, you can manage it for your own login.
Internal note: These steps are for our users' clients must complete to set up multi-factor authentication for their NetClient CS credentials. Staff users should complete the steps from the staff version of this help article.
Setting up multi-factor authentication for your login
When you use multi-factor authentication, you must have a mobile device on which the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app is installed, and use this app when logging in.
- Click your name near the upper-right corner of the screen and choose Manage Multi-factor Authentication.
- Click Enable to enable multi-factor authentication.
- Enter your password and click Enter.
- On the Multi-Factor Authentication Setup screen, click Get Started.
- Once the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app is installed on your mobile device, click Next.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to pair your mobile device with your CS Web account login credentials.
Note: As part of the pairing process, you will scan a QR code generated in the setup wizard. When prompted, open your mobile app and tap Settings > Add Account to scan the QR code.
Switching to a different mobile device
If you lose your mobile device, or need to pair a different mobile device with your login, follow these steps.
- Click your name near the upper-right corner of the screen and choose Multi-factor Authentication.
- Click the Enabled option.
- Click the Associate with Different Device button.
- Enter your password and click Enter to continue the process.
If you cannot access your mobile device, you can ask your accountant to generate a 24-hour numerical code that you can use during the login process. This code will remain in effect for 24 hours, so you may need to enter it multiple times. After 24 hours, you should no longer need the code.