You can upload files of up to 2 gigabytes (GB) to File Exchange folders. If you upload multiple files, the size of each file must be 2 GB or less. We recommend that you upload files directly to File Exchange from your computer, network, or mobile device.
Note: To learn how to attach files to your tax organizer, see Attaching files to your tax organizer.
Note: You can upload files to File Exchange only if we have given you permission to do so.
In the Documents section of the navigation pane, click the File Exchange link.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to File Exchange.
- In the File Exchange screen, click the folder to which you will upload the file. Depending on the folder structure, you might need to navigate through sub-folders to access the desired folder.
Note: If your File Exchange screen includes a Private folder, you can create subfolders within it. The Private folder and its subfolders are permanent; the files you place within the Private folder will remain until you delete them manually.
- Click the Upload icon.
- Do one of the following.
- Click the Add files button, navigate to the files you want to upload, select them, and click the Open button. After you add all of the files that you want to upload, click the Start upload button.
- If your internet browser supports HTML 5, the words "Drag files here" appear in the upload section. You can upload files by opening Windows Explorer, navigating to the files you want to upload, selecting the files, and dragging the files to the file list. After you add all of the files that you want to upload, click the Start upload button.
- If the files you need to upload are in Dropbox, click Choose from Dropbox at the bottom of the upload dialog, navigate to and select the files you want to upload, and click the Choose button.
Note: You can upload multiple files of up to 2 gigabytes (GB), and you can include multiple files in a single upload.To select files that are listed consecutively, click the first file, press and hold the SHIFT key, and then click the last file. To select multiple files that are not listed consecutively, click a file and then press and hold down the CTRL key while you click additional files.
- If you uploaded all requested files to a folder within the File Transfers folder, click the Complete File Transfer button. After you click this button, NetClient CS will not allow you to upload additional files to the folder, and NetClient CS will notify us that you uploaded the requested files.
Do not click the Complete File Transfer button if you need to upload additional files.