- In the navigation pane, click Employees link in the Payroll section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this feature.
- To add an employee, click the Add button at the bottom of the Employees pane.
Note: To update information for an existing employee, click the employee’s name in the Employees pane. That employee’s information will appear in the tabs on the right, where you can make the desired changes.
- In the Main tab, enter the employee’s information in the Identification, Address, and Phone sections.
- In the Locations and Departments section, choose the appropriate business location in the Work Location column and select the corresponding payroll department in the Payroll Department column. If you enter multiple work locations / departments, you must designate one as the primary by clicking the adjacent option in the Primary column.
- Click the Personal tab and enter the employee’s personal information such as date of birth, date of hire, and so on.
- Click the Payroll Taxes tab and enter the employee’s federal and state withholding information.
- Click the Notes tab and enter any notes about the employee.
If you are entering a new employee who should receive a paycheck for the current pay period, you must enter all of the appropriate paycheck information in the Notes field. You can use this field to record wage types, rates, and amounts for the first check, and any other relevant information for the employee.
- Click Save.
- Support & Learning
- Shop All Products
Visit Our Store to Shop All Products
Browse popular products from the tax and accounting brands you rely on.
- Shop Quickfinder Bundles
Shop Quickfinder Bundles
The more you buy, the more you save with our quantity discount pricing.
- Shop By Practice Area Shop By Practice Area
- Your Accounts
- My Cart
- Product Logins