Complete the following multi-part procedure to export PST files from a local installation of Microsoft Outlook and then import the PST files into the Virtual Client Office installation of Outlook.
Part 1: Export data from your local installation of Microsoft Office
Follow these steps to export PST files from a local or network installation of Microsoft Outlook. The steps required to do this vary depending on the version of Outlook that is installed on your computer. Click the appropriate link.
Part 2: Importing PST files into Virtual Client Office Outlook 2016
Complete the following procedures to import local Outlook data into Outlook 2016 in the Virtual Client Office environment.
Open Outlook 2016 through Virtual Client Office
- Click the Applications link in the navigation pane.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to applications through your portal.
- Click the Microsoft Outlook 2016 icon.
Create your email account and configure Outlook 2016
Note: Complete this procedure only if the Microsoft Outlook 2016 Startup wizard opens when you open Outlook 2016 through Virtual Client Office. If the wizard did not start, skip to Set up the PST file.
If this is the first time you opened Outlook 2016 through Virtual Client Office, the Microsoft Outlook 2016 Startup wizard opens. Follow these steps to create your email account and configure Outlook.
- In the wizard, click the Next button.
- In the Email Accounts page, leave Yes selected to indicate that you want to create a email account.
- Click the Next button.
- For information about configuring your email account in Microsoft Outlook, see Configuring Outlook 2016 to receive POP3 email in the Virtual Client Office environment.
Set up the PST file
- Click the File tab in the ribbon.
- With Info highlighted on the left, click the Account Settings icon and then click Account Settings.
- Click the Data Files tab.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog, enter the name of the new PST file in the File name field.
- Optional: Mark the Add optional password checkbox if you want to create a password for the PST file.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 – 7 to create folders for additional PST files or contacts that you will import.
- Click Close.
Import the PST data
- Click the File tab in the ribbon, choose Open, and click Import.
- In the Import and Export Wizard dialog, highlight Import from another program or file and click Next.
- In the Select file type to import from list, highlight Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Click the Browse button, click the Folders arrow at the bottom of the pane on the right, and then click Computer to view your local and network drives.
- Navigate to the Outlookbackups file on your local C:\ drive, select the appropriate PST file, and click Open.
- In the Virtual Client Office environment, C$ on Client (V:) is your local C:\ drive.
- If you entered a password for the PST file, you must enter the password before Outlook will allow you import the file.
- Click Next.
- In the Select the folder to import from list, highlight the folder into which Outlook should import the data from the PST file.
- Verify that the Include subfolders checkbox is marked, that the Import items into the same folder in option is selected, and that Outlook Data File appears in the drop-down list at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click the Finish button.
Depending on the size of the PST file, it may take several minutes for Outlook to import the data.
- Repeat this procedure to import data for any additional PST files.