Complete the following steps to move Microsoft Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher, or Word data from a local or network drive to the Virtual Client Office environment.
Note: For information about migrating Microsoft Outlook data to Virtual Client Office, see Migrating Microsoft Outlook data to Virtual Client Office.
Click the Applications link in the navigation pane.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to Microsoft Office applications through Virtual Client Office.
- Click the icon for the Office application to which you will migrate data.
- In Microsoft Office 2016, click the File tab in the ribbon and choose Open.
- In the navigation bar on the left side of the Open dialog, click the My Local Drive icon.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the files you will migrate to your portal.
Note: In the Virtual Client Office environment, C$ on Client (V:) is your local C:\ drive.
- Press CTRL+A on your keyboard to select all of the files within the folder. (Note that you can also hold down the CTRL key and click individual files to select them.)
- Press CTRL+C to copy the files.
- In the navigation bar on the left side of the Open dialog, click the My Documents or My Firm’s Documents icon, depending on where you want to place the files.
- Click in the File list pane on the right and press CTRL+V to paste the files to the new location.
- Repeat steps 4 – 9 until you’ve moved all of the appropriate files.
- When you are done, click Cancel to close the Open dialog.