Complete the following multi-part procedure to back up your local Client Bookkeeping Solution (CBS) data and then restore the data to the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment.
Part 1: Back up data from your local installation of CBS
- Create a folder on your local hard drive named CBSbackups.
- Change your backup location to the C:\CBSbackups folder.
- Back up each CBS company database. Each company database must be backed up individually.
- Back up accounts receivable and check layouts.
- If your firm uses custom logos or signatures, back up the image files for the logos and signatures.
- Close the local installation of Client Bookkeeping Solution.
Part 2: Restore data into the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment
In the NetStaff CS tab of the navigation pane, click the Applications link.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to CBS through Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
- Click the CBS icon to open the application.
- Change your restore location inside of CBS to the CBSbackups folder on your local C:\ drive.
Note: In the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment, C$ on Client (V:) is your local C:\ drive.
- Restore company data into Virtual Office CS or SaaS CBS.
- Restore layouts into CBS.
- Open the Utilities > Options dialog and update the default options as appropriate.
- If you backed up images for custom logos and signatures copy them to the Virtual Office CS or SaaS server.
You are now ready to work in CBS in the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment.