Complete the following steps to move Microsoft Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher, or Word data from a local or network drive to the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment.
Note: For information about migrating Microsoft Outlook data to Virtual Office CS or SaaS, see Migrating Microsoft Outlook data to Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
In the NetStaff CS tab of the navigation pane, click the Applications link.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to Microsoft Office applications through Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
- Click the icon for the Office application to which you will migrate data.
- In Microsoft Office 2016, click the File tab in the ribbon and choose Open.
- In the navigation bar on the left side of the Open dialog, click the My Local Drive icon.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the files you will migrate to your portal.
Note: In the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment, C$ on Client (V:) is your local C:\ drive.
- Press CTRL+A on your keyboard to select all of the files within the folder. (Note that you can also hold down the CTRL key and click individual files to select them.)
- Press CTRL+C to copy the files.
- In the navigation bar on the left side of the Open dialog, click the My Documents or My Firm’s Documents icon, depending on where you want to place the files.
- Click in the File list pane on the right and press CTRL+V to paste the files to the new location.
- Repeat steps 4 – 9 until you’ve moved all of the appropriate files.
- When you are done, click Cancel to close the Open dialog.