- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
You can create a manual progress bill in the Summary tab of Detail Billing by clicking the Progress button and entering the amount(s). Entering a progress bill creates a negative WIP carryover in Practice CS. When you later return to Detail Billing, you can identify a transaction as a progress bill by noting that the WIP amount is negative.
The method you select to relieve a progress bill depends on whether or not you need to match it against accumulated WIP.
Relieving a progress bill against accumulated WIP
There are several ways that you can relieve open progress bills in Practice CS once you have entered the WIP transactions to which the progress billings will be applied.
- In the Time and Expense tab of Detail Billing, you can Smart Bill for a zero bill amount; enter the net zero + / - amounts manually; or enter a zero bill amount in the Billed field under the Totals section at the bottom of the screen if you are netting everything to zero.
Note: Verify that the Summarize By checkboxes at the top of the Time + Expense Entry tab are not marked. If the rows displayed are summarized, you may not be able to close out the progress bill.
- You can relieve a progress bill on the Summary tab in Detail Billing by entering the amount you want to final bill in the Total field in the Billed column.
- In the Billing screen, you can use Standard Bill Selected or Zero Bill Selected to automatically close out the progress bill amounts. You can also use the Quick Bill method.
Relieving a progress bill when no WIP will be entered
If you have previously created a progress bill for the client, but no WIP has been entered, you can close out the progress bill without entering any WIP.
- To relieve a progress bill in Practice CS when there are no time or expense transactions, follow these steps.
- Choose Actions > Billing to open the Billing screen.
- Select the client whose progress bill you wish to relieve and click the Detail Bill Selected button.
- Click the Time and Expense tab and note the progress bill with the negative WIP amount.
- In the Time and Expense tab of Detail Billing, simply enter 0 in the Billed column of the existing progress bill line. The application will enter the appropriate adjustment; enter zero bill amount in the Billed field under the Totals section at the bottom of the screen.
- You can relieve a progress bill on the Summary tab in Detail Billing by entering 0 in the Total field in the Billed column.
- In the Billing screen, you can use Standard Bill Selected or Zero Bill Selected to automatically close out the progress bill amounts.