- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
If your firm follows an approval process for billing, you can require that each invoice be reviewed and approved before it can be officially posted. Use the Review tab of the Billing screen to preview, approve, and post invoices.
Note: Even if your firm does not require an approval process, you can use the Review tab to make changes to an invoice after it has been created.
- Choose Actions > Billing.
- In the Billing screen, click the Review tab.
- Mark the checkbox for each invoice you want to preview, approve, or post.
- You can right-click and choose Select All from the context menu to quickly select all invoices in the grid.
- Use the Filter by field to narrow down the list of invoices. You can filter by any of the fields available in the grid. See Filtering your data for more on creating custom filters.
- Mark the Unapproved only or Unposted only checkboxes if you would like to see only the invoices that still need to be approved or posted.
- Click the button to expand the row and view the individual entries for the selected invoice.
- Click the Preview Selected button to preview the invoice on screen.
- When you are satisfied with the invoice, click the Approve Selected button to approve the invoice.
- Click the Post Selected button to post the invoice in the application.
- The Approve Selected and Post Selected buttons are available only if your firm is using the approval process. To enable the approval process in the application, mark the Required for Billing checkbox in the Preferences tab of the Firm setup screen.
- To unapprove or unpost an invoice, select the invoice, right-click, and choose Unapprove Selected or Unpost Selected from the context menu.
- The Approved by and Posted by columns show the initials of the staff member who approved or posted the invoice.
Related topic: Invoices overview