- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Practice CS enables you to integrate invoices from UltraTax CS, Accounting CS, and CSA for use in billing. These integrated invoices appear in Practice CS in the Integrated Invoices tab of the Billing screen.
Before you can use this integration feature, you must first complete some setup steps in each application.
In Practice CS, mark the Integrate this Firm with other solutions checkbox on the Preferences tab of the Firm setup screen. The Integrated Invoices tab of the Billing Screen is available only if you have marked this checkbox.
Note: This checkbox can only be marked for one firm database at a time.
- In UltraTax CS, mark the With the log of this event, forward invoice to CS Practice Products checkbox for at least one status event.
- In UltraTax CS, identify your Practice CS file location in the Setup > User Preferences > File Locations tab.
- For each invoice forwarded to Practice CS, the client ID in UltraTax CS must match a client ID in Practice CS, enabling the invoice to be associated with the appropriate client.
- You must preview or print the return in UltraTax CS to generate invoice information.
- Each time an eligible status event is recorded in UltraTax CS, invoice information is forwarded to Practice CS.
- For more information on forwarding invoice information from UltraTax CS to Practice CS, see the UltraTax CS topic Forwarding client invoice information to Practice CS.
- You can populate Practice CS with your UltraTax CS clients. For more information on this process, see the UltraTax CS topic Transferring UltraTax CS client information to Practice CS.
By default, the ability to export invoices to Practice CS is disabled. To enable the export functionality in Accounting CS, choose Setup > File Locations, click the CS Professional Suite tab, and specify the Practice CS data location for the application to save the exported invoices file.
See Exporting invoices to Practice CS in the Accounting CS help for instructions on how to integrate invoices from Accounting CS.
- In CSA, identify your Practice CS file location in the Setup > User Preferences > File Locations tab.
- If you plan to export invoices from CSA to Practice CS for a specific client, be sure that the client IDs are identical in both applications.
Note: For more information on exporting invoices from CSA to Practice CS, see Exporting invoices to Practice CS in the Help & How-To Center.
To accept invoices in Practice CS, open the Billing screen (Actions > Billing) and click the Integrated Invoices tab.
Allocating the invoice amount
When accepting invoices in the Integrated Invoices tab, you will need to determine how to allocate the invoice amount for each item. Mark the checkbox next to an invoice item and choose one of the four available allocation selections:
- Creating adjustment entries — Use this selection:
- if you do not keep track of time in Practice CS
- if you want to accept integrated invoices as adjustment entries instead of associating the entry to existing WIP or creating a progress entry.
- Creating progress bill entries — This selection creates a progress bill entry. With this option, you must also associate the invoice with a staff member, engagement, and activity, using the fields provided.
- Partially billing WIP balance — This selection will bill the invoice against the client’s WIP balance, leaving any difference as a remaining WIP balance. You can associate the WIP with a selected Staff, Engagement, Project, or Activity.
- Completely billing WIP balance — This selection bills the entire WIP balance at the invoice amount, writing off any difference and leaving a WIP balance of zero. You can associate the WIP with a selected Staff, Engagement, Project, and Activity.
Linking to invoices
Mark the Create links to UltraTax CS invoices in FileCabinet CS checkbox to create a link to an invoice that you have printed to FileCabinet CS from UltraTax CS, and select the appropriate FileCabinet CS data path from the drop-down list. This link will appear on the Print Invoices & Statements screen of Practice CS.
Click the Accept Selected button to accept the selected invoices and move them to the Review tab.
To reject invoices in the Integrated Invoices tab, select those invoices and click the Reject Selected button.
Practice CS will return error messages if integrated invoices do not meet certain criteria. For example, if the client associated with an invoice forwarded from UltraTax CS does not match a client in Practice CS, you will be prompted to add that client to Practice CS before continuing.
Related topic: Billing overview