- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The file transfers feature in Practice CS enables you to request files from contacts, which they can then transfer to you via portals in NetClient CS. The files are sent securely, and the contact from whom you request the files receives an email message with instructions for transferring the files.
Note: To use the file transfers feature, your firm must be licensed for the Client Management module of Practice CS, as well as NetFirm CS (for portals).
To request files from a contact, follow these steps.
- Choose File > Request Files from Contact.
- In the From Staff field, choose the staff member who is requesting the files. This field is filled automatically with the name of the staff member who is currently logged into Practice CS, but you can select a different staff member if necessary.
Note: The staff member in the From Staff field must already be associated with a portal in NetStaff CS.
- In the To field, choose the contact from whom you are requesting the files.
The contact must have a valid email address entered in Practice CS.
Note: If the desired contact is not yet entered into Practice CS, right-click and choose Add Contact.
- If applicable, choose the client, staff member, or office with whom the contact is associated in the Of field.
- In the Subject field, enter text that will make up the subject line of the email message received by the contact.
- Using the drop-down beneath the Subject field, choose whether to deliver the message body securely or include the message in the body of the email. Secure messages can only be read by contacts in their portals in NetClient CS.
- In the text field, enter a message to the contact. Be sure to describe the files that you are requesting.
- Click the Send button. If the selected contact is already associated with an active portal, Practice CS immediately sends an email message to the contact and sends the file request to the contact’s portal.
- If no portal exists for the contact, you will be prompted to choose one of the following options. Click the appropriate button to continue.
- Help me find and use an existing portal — Opens the Find Portal dialog, where you can search for an existing portal associated with the contact or add a new one. If you find such a portal, highlight it and click Select to continue. The contact will receive an email message about the file request.
- Add a portal for NetClient CS — Immediately creates a new portal in NetClient CS for the contact. The contact will receive two email messages: a welcome message with instructions for registering the new portal and logging in, and a notification message about the file request.
- Add a temporary portal for NetClient CS — Immediately creates a new temporary portal in NetClient CS for the contact. The contact will receive two email messages: a welcome message with instructions for registering the new portal and logging in, and a notification message about the file request.
Contacts for whom you create portals (full or temporary) must first register those portals before they can access the files you sent. The email messages they receive will originate from the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org