- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
If you installed the shared files on a network, you must also run the desktop setup application on each workstation. The desktop setup application ensures that each workstation meets the minimum operating applicatiom requirements and confirms that all required components are installed.
The desktop setup application adds to each workstation’s desktop a shortcut to the single network installation of Practice CS (on your firm’s server). This keeps all global files and data in a single location on the server. Network users should not install the full application on their own local workstations.
To run the desktop setup application from each workstation, do the following.
- Verify that you are logged in to your computer as an administrator.
- Close all open applications.
- Click Start on the Windows taskbar and choose Run.
- In the Run dialog, enter Z:\path\Practice CS\Desktop\Setup.exe (where Z represents the mapped drive letter for the network path to the server on which you installed the shared files, and path is the path to your Practice CS folder). For example, if you installed the shared files in F:\WINAPPS\WINCSI, you would need to enter F:\WINAPPS\WINCSI\Practice CS\Desktop\Setup.exe in the Run dialog or \\<name of server>\WINAPPS\WINCSI\Practice CS\
Note: If you need to uninstall the Practice CS desktop setup from a workstation, choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, select Practice CS, and then click the Change/Remove button.
- Click OK. The setup wizard installs or updates Practice CS and the necessary components. You may need to restart your computer one or more times during this step.
- When prompted to enable or disable Remote Entry, click the desired option and then click Next.
- Remote Entry requires a local installation of Microsoft SQL Server, version 2008 or later. If you chose to enable Remote Entry, you will be prompted to select an existing instance of SQL Server, or to install a new instance. You can select an existing instance of SQL Server to use for Remote Entry, or click the option to install a new instance. Then click Next.
- When prompted that the Practice CS setup has been successfully completed, click Finish.