- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Dashboard layouts provide a way for you to save dashboard configurations. There are several reasons why you may find these saved layouts useful.
- If you accidentally delete some of your dashboard views and then close Practice CS, you may not be able to remember the layout and portlets that you were using. A saved dashboard layout gives you an easy way to restore the dashboard layouts that you want.
- You may want to design one or more standard layouts for the firm that everyone in the office should have. Instead of setting them up for each staff member, or explaining how they should be set up, you can create and save the layouts to share with others.
- You can assign default dashboard layouts to new staff that you hire, to save time setting up their dashboards.
Note: To select the default dashboard layouts for new staff, choose Setup > Firm > Preferences tab, and select the default dashboards from the drop-down lists.
- You may find it convenient to choose a dashboard layout throughout the period based on the work you are doing. Saving standard layouts allows you to easily change to a layout that fits the task at hand (billing, analysis, and so on).
Saving a layout
To save a dashboard layout, follow these steps.
- Right-click the dashboard.
- From the context menu, choose Save Layout As.
- In the Save Layout As dialog, enter a name for the layout.
- Click OK to save the layout.
Layouts that you have saved are available by clicking the Select Layout link at the top of the screen. In the Select Layout dialog, click the button to select a saved layout from the drop-down list.