- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The GoFileRoom Documents portlet is available from the Firm, Staff, and Client dashboards in Practice CS. When you add the GoFileRoom Documents portlet to a dashboard, you must tell Practice CS where to find the information that will be displayed in the portlet. Use the GoFileRoom Portlet Options dialog to specify the GoFileRoom drawer and indexes, and maximum number of results to display.
To set options for the GoFileRoom Documents portlet, follow these steps.
- Open the Firm, Staff, or Client Dashboard.
- If the GoFileRoom Documents portlet does not already appear on the dashboard, click the Select Portlets link, mark the checkbox for the portlet, and click OK.
Note: When you first add the GoFileRoom Documents portlet to a dashboard, the GoFileRoom Portlet Options dialog opens automatically to prompt you for the necessary information.
- If necessary, right-click the GoFileRoom Documents portlet and choose Options from the context menu to open the GoFileRoom Portlet Options dialog.
- In the Drawer field, use the drop-down list to select the drawer that contains the documents you want to show in the portlet.
- Make selections in the grid to adjust how data is displayed in the portlet.
- The read-only GoFileRoom Index column shows the dynamic index fields that are set up in GoFileRoom. The indexes shown are associated with the drawer you have selected and are unique to your firm.
- Use the Index Value Type column to select Index Value Types that determine what is available in the Value column:
- Practice CS Field: When selected, the Value field contains dynamic variables from Practice CS (such as Client ID, Client Name 1, Firm Name, Firm Current Period End Date, and so on) in the drop-down list.
- Client Custom Field: When selected, the Value field contains Practice CS client custom fields in the drop-down list.
- GoFileRoom Index List Item: When selected, the Value field contains the list values from GoFileRoom for that item.
- Text: When selected, you can type any text (up to 50 characters) in the Value field.
- In the Value column, the values available to select from the drop-down list depend on the Index Value Type you have selected.
- In the Date Format column, you can select a date format from the drop-down list for date-related values. An example is M/d/yyyy.
- In the Maximum number of results field, use the drop-down list to select the maximum number of records you would like displayed at one time. The results are determined by the sort order of the drawer you have selected in GoFileRoom. For example, if the drawer is sorted by Document Date in ascending order and you select 25 for the maximum number of results, the portlet displays the 25 documents with the most recent date.
You can click any of the column headers to sort the list of documents by that column in ascending or descending order. You can click and drag one or more column headings to the top of the portlet to group the list of documents by those columns.