- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Portlets in your Practice CS dashboards can be rearranged and resized to meet your needs. Additionally, multiple portlets can occupy the same space on the dashboard, with tabs to enable you to click between them.
Portlets can be resized by dragging and dropping the boundaries between portlets.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the border between two portlets until the pointer turns into a resizing cursor: or .
- Click and hold the left mouse button and drag the border to create the desired portlet size.
The process of moving portlets around the dashboard can be a bit more complex than merely resizing them. Not only can you insert portlets between other portlets or along the periphery of the dashboard, but you can also stack portlets on top of each other. You must pay careful attention to the shadow cast by the portlet you are trying to move.
Moving a portlet to a new location
- Click and hold the left mouse button on the title bar of the portlet you want to move.
- Drag the portlet to its new location, watching the shadow cast by the portlet over its destination. The shadow will change depending on the location of the cursor, and will indicate where the portlet is to be dropped — between two portlets, for example, or along the edge of the dashboard.
- When the shadow appears in the proper location, release the left mouse button to drop the portlet into place.
As with the process for moving portlets described above, click and drag the title bar of the portlet, but hover the mouse pointer over the middle of the title bar of the portlet onto which you want to stack the portlet you are moving. When the shadow covers the entire destination portlet (sometimes the outline of a tab will appear at the bottom), release the left mouse button to drop the portlet into place.
You should now see two or more tabs at the bottom of the portlet window, which you can click to navigate between the portlets that occupy that window.
Related topic: Portlets overview