- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The Manage Projects screen provides a central location where you can view and update projects and tasks for all of your clients. You can filter and sort the list to more easily find the projects and tasks you want to work with, and click the Field Chooser button to select which fields to display or hide in the screen.
To open the Manage Projects screen, choose Actions > Manage Projects.
- This screen is available only if you are licensed for the Project Management module.
- The Manage Projects screen is a user-defined terminology screen. Your firm may refer to projects by a different name. You can view the default names for user-defined items by choosing Help > Enable Default Terminology (or by pressing CTRL+Shift+H).
Updating projects and tasks
If you have the appropriate security privileges, you can use the Projects tab and Project Tasks tab to update project and task information.
Note: If you do not have security privileges, the information on these tabs is read-only.
Right-click a project or task in the grid and choose from the context menu to edit or delete it. From the context menu you can:
- add a new project to one or more clients
- extend, edit, and delete selected projects
- generate the next project
- print the projects grid
- print a routing sheet for selected projects
- You cannot delete projects that are already assigned to sheet entries.
- You can edit multiple project records at once. Hold down the SHIFT or CTRL key and select the projects you want to edit, then right-click and choose Edit Selected Projects from the context menu.
Project Tasks tab
Right-click the task grid and choose Edit Task or Delete Task from the context menu.
Note: You can edit multiple tasks at once. Hold down the SHIFT or CTRL key and select the tasks you want to edit, then right-click and choose Edit Selected Tasks from the context menu.
If you have selected a solution for a project and/or task, you can click the solution’s icon in the grid to launch the application. You also have the option to start the Practice CS desktop timer whenever you launch a solution by marking the Start Timer for Projects checkbox in User Preferences (Setup > User Preferences > Time & Expense Entry tab) so that you can track time spent on the project or task.
Sorting and filtering project and task information
In the Manage Projects screen, you can sort and group the grids to quickly find the information you need, and use the Filter and Search fields to narrow down the list of information even further.
- Mark the Open Projects only or Open Tasks only checkbox if you want to see only open items in the list. Clear the checkbox to see all projects or tasks.
- Click the Field Chooser button, and mark or clear the checkboxes for fields you want to show or hide in the Manage Projects screen.
- To sort projects or tasks in ascending or descending order by a particular column, click the column heading. Click the heading again to reverse the order. Click it a third time to remove the sort and restore the original order.
- To group projects or tasks by a particular item (for example, by due date), click and drag the column heading to the shaded area above the grid. You can group by one or more headings. To ungroup the grid, drag the heading(s) back to the row of column headings.
- To filter projects or tasks by a particular field, you first may need to click the Show Filter button to display the Filter field. Select the field name from the Filter field, select a method from the Method drop-down list, and Practice CS applies the filter automatically.
The Filter list contains fields in the grid as well as any saved filters. To create a new filter, click the More button and use the Project Filters dialog to specify the criteria for your filter. See Filtering your data for more information.
- To search the Manage Projects screen, enter a keyword (for example, the project’s ID) in the Search field, choose a search option from the drop-down menu (Begins with, Contains, or Ends with), and click the Search button to perform the search.