- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Note: The Activity Categories screen is a user-defined terminology screen. Your firm may refer to it by a different name. You can view the default names for user-defined items by choosing Help > Enable Default Terminology (or by pressing CTRL+Shift+H).
If you use engagements to track the work done by your firm, you may want to establish activity categories to create an additional level of classification. For example, you might want to establish Clerical and Professional categories, or a set of categories such as General, Field Work, Office Work, Planning, Marketing, Consulting, and so on. Such a structure would allow you to filter by activity, so that you could generate a report of only those activities related to Consulting, for example.
The items you add in this screen are available for selection on the Activities setup screen > Main tab, in the Category field.
For an overview of groupings and strategies for implementing them, see the Grouping setup overview.
To add a new activity category grouping:
- Choose Setup > Groupings > Activity Categories.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter an ID for the activity category in the ID field.
- Enter a description for the activity category in the Description field.
- Use the Invoice description field to enter a description that will be available for inclusion on invoices and reports.
Note: To insert a variable date that will update automatically, position the cursor where you want the date to appear and click the Insert Variable Date button. In the Insert Variable Date dialog, select a date, choose a date format, and click OK. The variable appears between brackets, but will display properly in the comment field.
- Click Enter to save your changes.
Note: You can also add, edit, or delete groupings on the fly by right-clicking in a field tied to a list of groupings.