- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Engagement templates allow you to set up information that you can copy to new engagements when adding them to a client. They also allow you to specify a default engagement for new clients. Every client must have at least one engagement assigned.
Adding an engagement template
Note: Items you select from the drop-down lists in this dialog come from entries you have made via the Setup menu (for example, Setup > Taxes > Tax Areas). If you have security permission, you can also right-click in any of these drop-down lists to add, edit, or delete items from the list.
- From the Setup menu, choose Templates > Engagements.
- Click the Add button.
- In the ID field, enter a unique alphanumeric ID, up to 11 characters.
Note: This is a required field. The ID will be saved in upper case letters regardless of how it is entered.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of the engagement that will be easily recognizable to your staff.
- In the Invoice description field, enter a description of the engagement as you want it to appear on client invoices.
- If you would like to designate the template as the default for all new clients, mark the Default Engagement for new Clients checkbox.
Note: Every client must have at least one engagement. You can select one or more engagement templates to serve as default engagements for each new client you add.
- Accept the default value (Active) for the Status field.
- Enter the GL account number, if appropriate.
Note: The GL Account field is optional, and is used for integrating with Creative Solutions Accounting.
- Select a tax area from the Tax Area drop-down list.
- You can select groupings for Office, Category, Biller, Reviewer, and Manager from the drop-down lists. Groupings let you categorize engagement templates for filtering the list of engagements and for creating reports.
- On the Rates subtab, you can choose one of three options for the engagement rate.
- No Engagement Rate: This is the default rate for a new engagement.
- Staff Rate: Click this option to select a staff billing rate from the drop-down list.
- Fixed Rate: Click this option to enter a fixed rate amount.
- In the Markup/down factor field, you can enter a markup or markdown factor for the selected rate. The default factor is 1.00. You can enter a number less than or greater than 1.00.
- On the Recurring Bills subtab, choose the following from the drop-down lists:
- Description: Select a description for the recurring bill.
- Method: Select a method for handling WIP when the recurring bill is generated.
- Amount: Select the amount of the recurring bill.
- On the Surcharges subtab, select a surcharge option for this engagement template.
- No surcharge: This is the default option.
- Based on Activity: If you choose this option, the surcharge amount will be based on engagement activity.
- Flat amount: If you choose this option, select a dollar amount from the drop-down list.
- On the Links subtab, add links to any items that you want to associate with the engagement template. You can link to files, websites, or documents outside of Practice CS, including documents stored in FileCabinet CS or GoFileRoom.
The links you add to an engagement template will be added by default to all new engagements generated from that template.
To add a link, right-click within the Links tab and choose the appropriate command from the context menu. Then link to the item and click OK.
- On the Custom Fields tab, use the available custom fields (if any) to enter additional information for the engagement template. Custom fields can be checkboxes, dates, lists, numeric fields, staff lists, or text-entry fields. Custom fields for dates have a drop-down calendar. Numeric custom fields have a drop-down calculator. See Custom fields setup overview for more information on custom fields.
Modifying an engagement template
- From the Engagement Templates list, click the engagement you want to modify.
- Click the Edit button.
- Make the necessary changes to the engagement template information.
- Click the Enter button to save the changes.