- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Practice CS lets you create filters for much of the data you set up throughout the application (such as client, staff, office, and activities lists). By reducing the size of data lists, filters can save time by making it easier to find the data you are looking for.
Creating a filter
To create a filter, follow these steps.
Note: You can also apply a temporary filter for the screen you are viewing. Instead of following the steps below to add a new, permanent filter, select an item from the Filter field and complete the filter by choosing a method and the desired filter, range, or individual items. These temporary filters cannot be saved, so we recommend creating permanent filters for most situations.
- Open the screen where you would like to create a filter. Many setup and entry screens include filtering capability.
- If applicable, click the button to reveal the Filter field.
- Right-click the Filter field and choose Add Filter from the context menu. The filter dialog opens. Note that the left pane of the dialog contains the names of any existing filters of the same type.
Note: The name of this command varies depending on the screen you are in. For example, in the Staff setup screen, the command is "Add Staff Filter."
- In the Filter Name field, enter a name for the new filter. This is a required field.
- In the Criteria Information section, you can select up to six criteria for your filter from the drop-down lists. In the Filter by field, select the criteria to use for the filter from the drop-down list.
- From the Method drop-down list, select a method for your fileter. Note that the available selections vary according to the type of criterion you selected in the Filter by field. Methods
- Selected: In the Selected field, choose individual items or ranges or items to include in the filter.
- Add additional criteria in the available rows as necessary.
- In the Logic section, click the Must match all criteria option if items in the filter must meet all of the criteria, or Must match one or more criteria if the items can meet any criteria.
- Click the Enter button to save the filter.
- Click the Done button to exit the Filters dialog. Notice that the filter has been applied to the setup screen, and that the list now shows only those items matching your filter’s criteria.
- After you create a filter, it will be available throughout the application. For example, if you create a filter for Clients, that filter will be available wherever you can filter clients. For instance, you can filter the Billing screen with your new client filter:
- In the Filter field, select Clients.
- In the Method field, select is in the filter.
- In the third field, select the name of your new client filter.
- If you click the button to collapse the search and filter area while a filter is active, Practice CS will display the filter criteria next to the Search field.
Undoing a filter
To undo a filter that you have applied to a list, click the button in the Filter field.
Related topic: Using the search feature