- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Adding a client
You can add an entirely new client, or create a copy of an existing client that you can then modify.
Adding a new client
Follow these steps to add a new client.
- Open the Clients setup screen (Setup > Clients).
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the information on each of the following tabs.
- Click the Enter button to save the client.
Creating a copy of an existing client
To create a copy of an existing client’s record, follow these steps.
- In the list of clients, right-click the client whose record you want to copy and choose Copy Client from the context menu.
- Enter an ID for the new client in the ID field. The ID cannot match the one assigned to the original client.
- Modify the information in the various tabs as needed. See the appropriate step under Adding a new client above.
- When you are finished, click Enter to save the client.
Copying selected client information
When adding or modifying a client, you can copy all of the information on selected tabs from other clients. This can save you time when setting up client billing, A/R, or other information. To copy tab information from one client to another, follow these steps.
- In the list of clients, right-click the client whose information you want to copy and choose one of the following commands from the context menu, depending on the tab information you want to copy:
- Copy Main Values To...
- Copy Billing and A/R Values To...
- Copy Links To...
- Copy Custom Field Values To...
- In the Copy <Item> To dialog, use the drop-down list in the Copy To field to select the client to whom you want to copy the information.
- Mark the I understand this will replace any existing data checkbox and click the Copy Now button.
All of the information from the source tab is copied to the destination tab, overwriting any existing information.
- Click Enter to save changes to the client.
Deleting a client
Note: If the client has time, expenses, or A/R entries, or other historical data in the application, you will not be allowed to delete the client.
- In the Clients list, click the client you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
- At the prompt, click Yes.