- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Practice CS enables you to create custom letters that you can send to your clients, contacts, staff, offices, or others. Using the Custom Formats screen, you can format these letters to meet your needs, add a logo or other graphics, and print addresses and other information automatically using information from your database.
Types of letters
When you create a new custom letter, you must select the type of letter: Client, Contact, Firm, Office, or Staff. This selection determines the subset of contacts to whom you can automatically address the letter, and also determines which fields you can select from the Fields pane for inclusion on the letter.
- A Client letter can be addressed automatically to your firm’s clients, using the mailing address entered for the client on the Contact Info tab of the Clients setup screen. You can add information from client-related fields to the letter.
- A Contact letter can be addressed automatically to any contact: clients, standalone contacts, staff members, and offices, using the mailing address entered for the contact. You can add information from contact-related fields to the letter.
- A Firm letter must be addressed manually to its recipients. You can add information from firm-related fields to the letter.
- An Office letter can be sent to the primary contacts for each of your firm’s offices, using the mailing addresses entered for the offices on the Contact Info tab of the Office setup screen. You can add information from office-related fields to the letter.
- A Staff letter can be addressed automatically to your firm’s staff members, using the mailing address on the Contact Info tab of the Staff setup screen. You can add information from staff-related fields to the letter.
If you choose to email letters to recipients, the letters will be emailed as attachments using the primary email addresses entered on the Contact Info tab on the relevant setup screen. See Emailing letters and labels for more information.
Creating and modifying letters
In many cases, you will merely need to copy an existing letter format and edit the text of the letter before selecting recipients and printing or emailing. For more information on creating and customizing letters, see the following topics:
Note: You can use the Print On Pages attribute in the Properties pane to specify whether the page header should print on all pages of a letter, or not print on pages that feature the report header.
You may also want to search the Practice CS Library portlet for letter formats that you can customize for your firm’s needs.