- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Links provide a way to associate files, folders, web pages, interactions, GoFileRoom documents, and FileCabinet CS documents with items in Practice CS. You can link items to client records, engagements, projects, tasks, time and expense entries, receipt and adjustment entries, and invoices. When you click a link within Practice CS, the linked item opens in the application with which it is associated.
Adding a link
- Navigate to the screen where you want to add the link.
- Select and open the item for which you want to add the link.
- Click the Links tab.
- Right-click within the Links tab and choose the appropriate action from the context menu. The following options are available:
- Add Files — a file of any type; this file should reside on a network location accessible to other staff who would need to view it.
- Add Folder — a file folder; this folder should reside on a network location accessible to other staff who would need to view it.
- Add Web Page — a web page, internal or external.
- Add Interactions — an interaction in Practice CS, such as a phone call or meeting.
Note: You can add links to interactions only if you are licensed for the Client Management module.
- Add FileCabinet CS Document — a document stored in FileCabinet CS.
- Add GoFileRoom Documents — a document stored in GoFileRoom.
- Navigate to and select the item to which you want to link, then click OK. (For files, click the Open button.)
By default, new links are added to their own groups. You can organize links by adding, renaming, or deleting groups, and by dragging links from one group to another.
- To add a group, right-click within the Links tab and choose Add Group from the context menu.
- To rename a group, right-click the title of the group and choose Rename Group from the context menu. Then type the new name for the group and press ENTER.
- To delete a group, right-click the title of the group and choose Delete Group from the context menu. Click Yes to confirm deletion.
Note: When you delete a group, you also delete any links in that group. If you want to retain one or more links, drag them to another group.
- To move a link from one group to another, click and drag it onto or below the title of the group where you want to move it.