1040-US: Enter foreign taxes paid on interest and dividends

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Change to CS Support service hours

Our Support department is closed on [[date]]. However, limited UltraTax CS phone support is available on that date from 9 AM - 5 PM ET due to the approaching deadline.

Links to our most popular tax processing topics are available in the Alerts and notices section on the right side of most pages.


How do I enter foreign taxes paid on interest and dividends?


Enter the amount of foreign taxes paid on foreign investments in the Interest income and Dividend income statements and the Foreign Tax Paid column in Screen B&D or Screen Broker. The application uses the amount(s) you enter to calculate foreign source income on Form 1116. Use the Foreign Amt (If different) column in the Interest income statement dialog and the Foreign Ord Div, Foreign Qual Div, and Foreign Cap Gain columns in the Dividend income statement if the foreign source income is different from the amounts reported on Schedule B.

For additional information on these statements and the foreign columns within them, see the Screen B&D help.

Note: If the foreign columns are not visible in the statements, you can click the globe show foreign columns button on the toolbar or select Foreign Columns from the Column menu. To permanently enable the foreign columns, choose Setup > User Preferences > Data Entry tab and mark Show foreign columns in statements.

Related topics

Share This