1065-US: Electronically filing an amended return (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:


Can I electronically file an amended return?


Yes. The IRS supports the current year and two prior tax years for regular, superseded, or amended electronic returns. Therefore, starting January 2018, you can file amended 2017, 2016, and 2015 tax year returns.

Note: Form 1065X is not included in the electronic file and should not be attached as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. Instead, enter the reasons the return is amended in Screen 1065 and complete Form 8082, as required, in the Non Calculating folder. See IRS Publication 4163, Part III for more information about electronically filing an amended partnership return.

Related topic: Amending returns FAQs (1065)

Share This