1040-US: Entering child and dependent care expenses

Alerts and notices


Where do I enter child and dependent care expenses?


The IRS requires the amount of child and dependent care expenses to be reported for a child or dependent for which a credit is being claimed. Enter care expenses in the 2441 Exp column of the Dependents statement dialog in Screen 1040 (General folder). For qualifying nondependents, enter this information in Screen Cr (Credits folder) in the Qualifying person information for nondependents statement dialog.

Related topic: Child and dependent care / child tax credits FAQs (1040)