See also: Getting help
Our Help & How-To Center offers quick access to the information you need while using Web Builder CS. From this one location, you can find details on new features, procedures for completing tasks, tips for increasing productivity or troubleshooting issues, alerts about timely issues, and more.
Accessing the Help & How-To Center
From within Web Builder CS, access the Help & How-To Center by clicking the Help & How-To link at the top of any screen.
Searching for information
The most efficient way to find answers to your questions is to take advantage of the robust search engine upon which the Help & How-To Center is built: the Google search engine. When searching for information in the Help & How-To Center, you can use the same strategies you use when you use Google to search for general information on the internet.
Click the Help & How-To link in the Dashboard and use the search field near the top of the topic. Simply enter a search term or phrase and press ENTER to see a list of related topics.
To see how easy it is to find information in the Help & How-To Center, try these sample searches, which feature two common questions for Web Builder CS and tips on narrowing your search if you're getting too many results.
- First, let's look for information on setting up a Gmail account on an iPhone. From within Web Builder CS, click the Help & How-To link at the top of the screen to open the Help & How-To Center.
- In the search field near the top of the Help & How-To Center window, enter Gmail iPhone and press ENTER.
- In the search results page that opens, the topics are listed in order of relevance. Click the Setting up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to work with Gmail link to open that topic.
- Now, let's look for information on resetting the password for your client portal. From within the open topic, enter resetting password in the search field and press ENTER.
- In the search results page, click the Portals: Resetting the password for your client portal link to open that topic.
- Now, let's explore how to narrow a search. From with the open topic, enter newsletter in the search field and press ENTER.
- In the search results page that opens, note the large number of topics retrieved. Rather than scroll through the list, enter add contact after newsletter in the search field and press ENTER. The search results page now lists only those topics that apply to both of the search strings you entered.
- Click the Search Tips link next to the search field to open Google's "Search Tips" document, which provides additional strategies for effective searching.
- Click your browser's Back button to return to the search results page.
Additional features for finding information
If you're struggling to find what you're looking for through a standard search, the Help & How-To Center includes the following features that might help.
Browse subjects — From within any topic, click the Browse Subjects button. In the topic that opens, you'll see a list of subject categories.
Click the category name to view a list of all topics that are assigned to that category.
Search options — Click the Search Options button to open a page where you can perform the following searches.
- Search for information on a specific application: Use the Select an application field to search the Help & How-To Center for information on any application. Simply choose the application you want, enter your search in the search field, and press ENTER.
- Focus your search by category: When you select an application, you'll see a list of categories that you can use to focus your search. Simply mark the appropriate checkboxes, enter your search terms in the search field, and press ENTER.
- Search the Help & How-To Center and our website: Before you enter your search terms, click the Search our website option to search Help & How-To Center content for all CS Professional Suite applications and content from the rest of our website (such as product profiles and descriptions of training courses).
- Support — From within any topic, click the Support button to access the Support section on our website, where you'll find information about contacting our Support department.